Though unemployment is prevalent, the job market is also suffering from a shortage of right talents. In this mixed scenario, aspirants in search of a suitable job in any particular industry typically use recruitment or Placement Consultant for Small Medium Enterprises specialised in the niche industry they are hunting a job in. And accordingly, for businesses, engaging a placement agency would be the right choice to get connected to the right candidates who can help businesses reach a new dimension.
Expert tips to find the best placement consultant
Choosing the right HR (human resource) agency is challenging. However, if you are on the right track, you can find an agency to help you recruit the best and the most efficient candidates in the industry.
- Do thorough research – To select an agency recruiter, you should do the same sort of research work you would have done for candidate assessment. You can check their LinkedIn profile for an experience. It would be great if you find any indication revealing their experience in the field you want them to work for you. You can fix an appointment (over the phone or in person) and talk to them regarding your requirement. Now compare what they claim during a conversation and what they represent on their social profiles.
- Interview them like aspirants – Interview the recruiter as you do a prospective candidate for offering a job. You may ask questions like,
- Do you have talents for my job profile already in the database?
- How would you find and evaluate candidates for offered job positions?
- How will you keep us updated on the candidates’ status?
- How long will you take to find the perfect candidate?
- Know about their experience – If you want to engage a placement agency to fill any difficult-to-fill profiles, you are very likely to find the best ones. Experienced consultants have had years of experience in setting up an excellent network of potential candidates that you may not find on any job boards as such candidates usually don’t post their resumes on such boards. You must look for an agency for their strong and effective network of candidates that no one else may find. Never compromise with the quality for a few bucks if you find the right talent. It is worth much more than spending thousands for a contractual candidate or the money spent on permanent placement for hiring an agency. In a nutshell, as it comes to hiring a placement agency, you need to keep two things in mind – 1) time-to-fill has to be less and 2) quality of the candidate has to be better. Remember, the only experience can ensure these factors.
- Have a look at their terms and conditions – Placement agencies are often rigid about candidate procurement terms. But the best HR consultants that really want to win your business and deal with it efficiently are likely to be flexible and able to move promptly and innovatively to help you as well as your business to find and retain right talents.
These are a few of many things that as an entrepreneur you need to take care of while engaging a placement consultant to find the best talents in the industry to get recruited in your company.