Today Job Portals have become an excellent platform to find new candidates for employers. As there are no learning curves involved, it becomes quite easy for organizations of all sizes to work on job portals and find candidates with required qualification criteria.
There are multiple job portals including ones, which operate on niche areas of talent search. An SME organisation generally subscribes to 1 job portal which can be long term association or need based.
SME’s generally do not have high volume of recruitment compared to their larger counterparts and hence are more inclined to invest in moderate subscription charges. As it can be seen from the subscription figures above, obtained from a leading job portal, you can find that the number of CVs that can be accessed even with the highest monthly subscription of INR 25500 is around 2000 with one month validity. And each time a CV is accessed the number of CV access correspondingly gets reduced.
Also very few amount of postings can be done even with the highest subscription package. Yes, there are customised options also available for larger CV searches, but the costs will also be skyrocketing.
So an SME has to spend a decent sum of money for a sizeable number of CV access. Again a Team of trained professionals has to be deputed to do the CV search diligently keeping in mind the job requirements. The amount of time and effort the professional persons will spend will also have to be taken under consideration as a cost of recruitment. If the job role is tricky, then the costs of time and effort are bound to increase. In many SME organisations, in absence of trained recruitment professionals, goof ups happen during the process of candidate’s CV searching.
Moreover there are also lot efforts involved in writing proper job descriptions, multiple levels of interaction with the candidates, making the prospective candidate understand the value proposition involved with the proposed job roles and responsibilities and finally on boarding the candidate.
Unless a group of Professionally Educated & Experienced persons are involved in the entire process, expected results might not be achieved resulting in a wrong hire. And as we all know, trained and experienced professionals come with a cost.
And even after so much effort, an SME organisation is not sure that he had been able to locate the best talent for his needs.
In comparison to the above scenario, if an SME organisation hires a seasoned Recruitment Consultancy, they will not have to bear so much hassle. Let’s understand the reasons briefly:
- The placement agency will not limit itself just to the subscription of one job portal. They will have subscription to multiple job portals and even the niche ones. The agencies invest a large sum of money for the subscriptions and they can access huge number of CVs to the tune of lacs of candidates
- The recruitment agency will be connected with large number of professionals in Social Media and they will have a wider reach because of their connections and regular campaigns in leading professional Social Media sites Like Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter
- There will be a team of experienced people well versed with complex recruitment scenario to execute the entire chain of tasks starting from understanding the job requirement from the organisation till on-boarding of the candidate.
- Commitment to deliver on time resulting in faster on boarding
- If a candidate leaves the job within a stipulated period, the placement agency guarantees a free replacement
- As the leading recruitment consultancies handle complex recruitment scenarios and candidate profile, they are far more adept in gauging attitude of prospective employees to determine, whether they will fit the company culture
- Recruitment Consultants dig out quality talents who are passive candidates and are not found in job portals, or are not willing for a job change. A seasoned recruiter can convince him / her to switch jobs by highlighting the value proposition of the offered position resulting in high quality talent on boarding for your organisation
SME’s might have to shell out some amount of money to on board a trusted recruitment agency. But it’s worth every penny because you are leaving nothing to chance in making key hiring decisions.