A closer look at the recruitment business in India will make you realise that its market size has increased drastically in the last few years. Anyone with years of experience in the staffing business will agree with the fact that there are now hundreds of companies scattered all over India which require skilled professionals for various projects. Whether they are looking for IT staffing, direct hire, sales staffing or engineering services, there are numerous placement consultants to help them out.
A Change In India’s Staffing Trend
According to a study conducted recently, the trend India’s staffing industry follows has changed drastically in the last few years. There have been some major changes in this sector as new industries like telecom, e-commerce and insurance has emerged, the tenure of senior executives has become shorter and the junior executives can now choose from numerous job opportunities. IT and engineering industries have augmented their cyclical needs to make complete utilisation of staff outsourcing. Contract-to-hire models are being utilised by larger brands to test the talent of the professionals before boarding them.
How India Is Planning To Project Itself As A Large Market For Staffing?
The staffing space has matured globally as a formalisation of employment was pushed at a faster rate due to GST and demonization. Companies can’t deny the importance of time workforce. Some of the large companies are also trying to reach out to the rural markets with the motive of market penetration and so they now require huge workforce. The staffing industry is also growing because of the large demand for contractual staff. The increased market size of recruitment business in India and the thousands of placement consultants scattered all over the country proves that it is planning to project itself as one of the largest markets for staffing.
The Growth Witnessed By The Specialist Staffing Business
Lower bench strengths have become a necessity for IT companies. This means that predicting the skills the IT industry will require in the next few years has become a daunting task for organisations. Automobile companies are also trying their level best to maintain the existing market demands while at the same time include the latest green/electric vehicles. All these have become vital reasons behind the growth of the specialist staffing business. Since India is now ready to deal with all the challenges faced by our staffing industry, it’s time companies also start making full utilisation of the renowned recruitment consultants.
Regardless of how much people disagree about the fact, the necessity for businesses to have a proficient team of HR consultants cannot be denied. Without them, one can easily find themselves in a difficult situation wishing that they had someone by their side that could help them out. Besides this fact, there are plenty of reasons why a business firm may choose to hire the services of HR consultants in Ahmedabad. These reasons have been discussed below.
Why You Should Consider Hiring HR Consultants
The most important way in which an HR consultant helps you is that they act as one of the chief assessors of risks that are being decided to be taken by the company against an employee. This is why you should always consult members of your HR consultancy team before you take any drastic step because the risk of impending lawsuits or allegations can be kept at a minimum. Although it might be impossible to completely avoid these risks, HR consultants can ensure that they give you the best advice for each occasion to guarantee that you do not get into unnecessary troubles.
Since HR consultants in Ahmedabad have extensive experience in their field, when you do decide to terminate an employee or take some other similar step due to the dearth of any other choice, they can guide you to do it in a way that you remain safe from all eventualities. Even if you do get to have to deal with a lawsuit of some kind, you will have the proper defence in place to make sure that you come out of it unscathed. The devil lies in the details, and in this case, if you have the necessary documentation in place, you will have an easier time with the guidance of your HR consultants.
Another thing that makes HR consultant so indispensable is that because they have been at their job for a considerable duration of time, you can be sure of the fact that there would be very few situations, if any, that they would not know how to tackle. This experience gives them the ability to know exactly what to do and how to do it to make sure that the job is executed without too much expense, monetary or otherwise.
Perhaps the best thing about HR consultants is that they can give proper training to the management as well as those at junior levels. In case there has been a change in management or there are new rules being implemented, these consultants can make sure that they get everyone up to speed about how the new things are going to take place.
As you can see, the reasons to hire HR consultants in Ahmedabad are numerous. This is why an ever-increasing number of businesses are deciding to invest in this field and get a chunk of worries off their shoulders and into the capable ones of the consultants.
According to a survey conducted a few years back, recruitment agencies in India have become a blessing for companies of every size. An experienced recruiter is the best professional a company can approach to take care of their staffing needs. They have adequate and updated knowledge about the employment market. Even if a candidate is passive or selective, they leave no stone unturned in ensuring to select the best for your company. If you are also planning to take the aid of a recruitment agency in India, there are a few unique facts about them you should know.
Few Facts About The Best Recruiting Agency For Companies In India
• They Have More Industry Information Than You Think
Every company willing to gain valuable knowledge about the experienced and potential candidates within a specific industry can get it through the right recruitment agency. A majority of them specialises in various areas of recruitment and is the best source of information about the employment industry. If you want to stay assured that the one you are approaching is reliable, just know the average number of placements they work with every month.
• They Help Candidates Sharpen Their Interview Skills
The responsibility of a recruitment agency does not end with shortlisting the best candidates according to the vacant positions in your organisation; they even help the candidates improve their interview skills. You don’t have to waste your time interviewing a candidate who isn’t prepared yet. Some of them even organise mock interviews so that candidates can appear for the interviews with more confidence.
• You Can Rely On Them To Hire The Best Talent
Once you approach a recruiting agency for companies in India you will notice that the focus of these agencies is always on finding the most skilled candidates for your organisation. They are the best option if you don’t want to waste your time doing the initial screening, conducting early interviews and going through numerous CVs.
• Recruiters Pay Equal Attention To Companies And Candidates
If you think that the recruitment is a candidate-driven market, it’s high time you debunk the myth. There has been a recent increase in the number of recruiting agencies for companies which indicates that both companies and candidates can make equal use of the services offered by these agencies. Not only is there a shortage of skilled professionals but also fewer job opportunities.
These being said, it’s time you start looking for a reliable recruitment agency in India and get the best job seekers.
Hiring an HR consultant is undoubtedly a great option to complement the skill and resource of the present HR team. Oftentimes, new challenges put the existing internal team’s capability to the test. And a good HR consultant is the best choice for your company. They ensure that your firm rises perfectly to meet all challenges efficiently and successfully. Hiring HR consultants in Bhubaneswar, Kolkata is obviously a major decision for any organisation. But to ensure good return on investment, both in terms of budget and output, it is needed to make a wise decision. And here are some key pointers to consider while making an HR consultant hiring decision.
- Skill – HR consultants may be categorised in two groups – one who prefers consulting and the other who prefers to go for consulting job along with something more permanent. And choosing a consultant belonging to the second category ensures you having better experience. People used to excel in things that they are passionate about. An HR consultant with notable background of success in their job is likely to be more committed seeing any project through to utmost achievement as they have done for their past clients. Ask them what makes them compelled to become an HR consultant. Also, ask about similar successful projects they have handled in the past.
- Experience – The HR consultant you are planning to be partnered with should have outstanding yet relevant experience in the corporate field. They should be familiar with the organizational and corporate dynamics. HR consultants must have the dedication to absorb everyday pressure of project deliverables as well as the realities of balancing capabilities and capacities. Before you hire, ask them whether they have due experience to work in the corporate work prior to becoming an HR consultant.
- Core expertise – Human Resource is a broad term. Most professionals have expertise in one or two core arenas and this is surely good for you. This allows you to choose a specialist who can understand and resolve the challenges you are presently facing. Make sure your chosen consultant is able to successfully deliver implementations on time. By opting for a specialist HR for the existing HR-related challenges, you can better handle your job. Work together in line to ensure the best outcome. Before you hire, ask about their core area of expertise. Ask them what makes them become expert in those particular areas.
- Updated – Human Resource filed is a dynamic one. There are always something new to learn and understand. As you work with an HR consultant, you must look for one who is adequately updated on the current industry trends. They must know what is in vogue in terms of the industry. They should be aware of the core area of developments and current HR practices. A consultant who is not updated and aware of the latest trends often ends up selling you outdated solutions that hardly come handy for your job. Choose a professional who stays engrossed with the corporate sector on various fonts such as research, publishing, professional development, networking, leadership and so on.
These are only a few of many factors that you must keep in mind while hiring an HR consultant for your business.
Though unemployment is prevalent, the job market is also suffering from a shortage of right talents. In this mixed scenario, aspirants in search of a suitable job in any particular industry typically use recruitment or Placement Consultant for Small Medium Enterprises specialised in the niche industry they are hunting a job in. And accordingly, for businesses, engaging a placement agency would be the right choice to get connected to the right candidates who can help businesses reach a new dimension.
Expert tips to find the best placement consultant
Choosing the right HR (human resource) agency is challenging. However, if you are on the right track, you can find an agency to help you recruit the best and the most efficient candidates in the industry.
- Do thorough research – To select an agency recruiter, you should do the same sort of research work you would have done for candidate assessment. You can check their LinkedIn profile for an experience. It would be great if you find any indication revealing their experience in the field you want them to work for you. You can fix an appointment (over the phone or in person) and talk to them regarding your requirement. Now compare what they claim during a conversation and what they represent on their social profiles.
- Interview them like aspirants – Interview the recruiter as you do a prospective candidate for offering a job. You may ask questions like,
- Do you have talents for my job profile already in the database?
- How would you find and evaluate candidates for offered job positions?
- How will you keep us updated on the candidates’ status?
- How long will you take to find the perfect candidate?
- Know about their experience – If you want to engage a placement agency to fill any difficult-to-fill profiles, you are very likely to find the best ones. Experienced consultants have had years of experience in setting up an excellent network of potential candidates that you may not find on any job boards as such candidates usually don’t post their resumes on such boards. You must look for an agency for their strong and effective network of candidates that no one else may find. Never compromise with the quality for a few bucks if you find the right talent. It is worth much more than spending thousands for a contractual candidate or the money spent on permanent placement for hiring an agency. In a nutshell, as it comes to hiring a placement agency, you need to keep two things in mind – 1) time-to-fill has to be less and 2) quality of the candidate has to be better. Remember, the only experience can ensure these factors.
- Have a look at their terms and conditions – Placement agencies are often rigid about candidate procurement terms. But the best HR consultants that really want to win your business and deal with it efficiently are likely to be flexible and able to move promptly and innovatively to help you as well as your business to find and retain right talents.
These are a few of many things that as an entrepreneur you need to take care of while engaging a placement consultant to find the best talents in the industry to get recruited in your company.